Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Twenties Girl


by Sophie Kinsella

Sophie Kinsella always entertains me with her novels. I walked with Becky Bloomwood to all the shops in the "Shopaholic" series, I went along on Lexi's adventures of amnesia in "Remember Me?", and I laughed as Samantha goes from being an office flunky to an amateur housekeeper in "The Undomestic Goddess". I was thrilled to see this book, "Twenties Girl", in the library as a quick read and snatched it right up.

And there was no false advertising. This was a quick read. I was at the library on Thursday, and closed the book after the final chapter today, Tuesday, only 5 days later. I loved it. I devoured it. It was a great way to distract me from any stress or any other issues going on in my life. I needed a quick, light, entertaining read, and Sophie indulged me.

Her characters are just so easy to relate to. I don't know what that says about my life, but it's true. And adding a ghost to the crazy mix was an adventure that I just couldn't pass up. Lara and Sadie make a great pair. Two completely different viewpoints and generations thrown together in one erratic enterprise. Something new happened with each page turn and I was so excited to find out what happened next throughout the whole novel. I love books like this.

I admit it proudly: I love chick lit. Life can be so stressful and ridiculous that it's nice to sit and relax with an easy read and a cup of coffee (or tea, depending on your preference). And if Sophie Kinsella isn't the queen of chick lit, then she should be. All of her books are great, and I recommend any of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment