Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm not going to do book reviews anymore. I know, call the presses! Lately, they've been taking the enjoyment out of reading. I don't like having to think about whether or not I like this certain passage or this certain way the author decides to describe something. I want to enjoy reading for reading, and then like or not like the book. Does there have to be a reason? I think reading should be more like looking at works of art. You look, you assess how it makes you feel, and then, you move on!

You'd think, being unemployed, I'd read and read and read and read and continue to do book reviews and pound them out every other day. Ha! Turns out that being unemployed actually doesn't free up a lot of time. It just makes you realize how crazy you were to squeeze in everything you do plus a 40/hr/week job. I have barely had even a day off, and I'm loving it! It's so nice to fill my day with things that I enjoy doing, instead of a boring office job that takes up 8 hours a day I'll never get back. Of course, I am still looking for another boring office job, but something's gotta pay the bills!

The only crimp in my curl of productiveness is the fact that my phone decided to become possessed. So I took it into the store, and they broke it some more, so that now I don't even have any reception. They're ordering me a new one, which was supposed to be in yesterday, but now has been back-ordered so I won't get it til Monday at the earliest. It's funny that just a few years ago, I didn't even own a cell phone, and now I can barely live without one.

I've actually had a decent amount of interviews since my hours were cut 4 weeks ago. (4 weeks?! It's been 4 weeks already?!) But nothing has actually panned out yet. I don't know if I should be worried about my first impressions or if it's just the economy. Trying to remain positive, though! I am exactly where I need to be at this exact moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment